Why Design?

I always knew that one day I would want a career that I would love, I just didn't know it would take me so long to actually decide on my career choice. Truth is, I still don't know. Although, what I do know, is that it will be along the lines of design, in some way or another. When I first attended college in high school, I choose Graphic Design as my major. Then when I graduated I decided to jump right into Interior Design at Washington State University. Interior Design was not for me. You will notice my Interior Design work at the beginning of my blog. I decided to keep it up because it really shows where I started on my journey. Now, I have found myself back in the Graphic Design program at Eastern State University. Hopefully this is where I will stay. If not, well, I am still young.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Textile Design


I spent a lot of time making the background for this textile design. I used Photoshop to create all the layers to try and make my own plaid. It was quite time consuming, but my knowledge of Photoshop greatly improved. Looking back on the design I wish I would have made it more detailed. I choose to a Scottish plaid because of my heritage. I also choose to make my own background instead of copying and pasting one so I could practice Photoshop. Overall, I am very happy with the way it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment