Why Design?

I always knew that one day I would want a career that I would love, I just didn't know it would take me so long to actually decide on my career choice. Truth is, I still don't know. Although, what I do know, is that it will be along the lines of design, in some way or another. When I first attended college in high school, I choose Graphic Design as my major. Then when I graduated I decided to jump right into Interior Design at Washington State University. Interior Design was not for me. You will notice my Interior Design work at the beginning of my blog. I decided to keep it up because it really shows where I started on my journey. Now, I have found myself back in the Graphic Design program at Eastern State University. Hopefully this is where I will stay. If not, well, I am still young.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quilt Block


In this design I used a lot of bright colors. The geometric shapes are very symmetric and straight, but the colors inside are very random, almost crazy. I spent a lot of time thinking of how I wanted each shape and what direction for them to be placed. Although, I would have liked to think about it more in detail of what colors I used. It was also hard to fit all the shapes together using the pattern that I did. At the end I spent some time adjusting and re-adjusting trying to make it all work out. In the end I felt accomplished and really enjoyed the final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment