Why Design?

I always knew that one day I would want a career that I would love, I just didn't know it would take me so long to actually decide on my career choice. Truth is, I still don't know. Although, what I do know, is that it will be along the lines of design, in some way or another. When I first attended college in high school, I choose Graphic Design as my major. Then when I graduated I decided to jump right into Interior Design at Washington State University. Interior Design was not for me. You will notice my Interior Design work at the beginning of my blog. I decided to keep it up because it really shows where I started on my journey. Now, I have found myself back in the Graphic Design program at Eastern State University. Hopefully this is where I will stay. If not, well, I am still young.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Elements and Principles of Design



This was my first experience of finding elements and principles of design throughout the campus of Washington State. It took several hours of walking around campus while questioning every building and every structure. I spent a lot of time on this poster, but I wasn't as pleased with the result as I would have liked to be. Although, in the design I did like how I categorized all the elements into their categories so it wasn't completely random. I feel like my picture layout was too uniformed, and it could have been a little more fun. Also, I could have had more color and a background. If I could have spent more days on the design the end result would have been a lot cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment