Why Design?

I always knew that one day I would want a career that I would love, I just didn't know it would take me so long to actually decide on my career choice. Truth is, I still don't know. Although, what I do know, is that it will be along the lines of design, in some way or another. When I first attended college in high school, I choose Graphic Design as my major. Then when I graduated I decided to jump right into Interior Design at Washington State University. Interior Design was not for me. You will notice my Interior Design work at the beginning of my blog. I decided to keep it up because it really shows where I started on my journey. Now, I have found myself back in the Graphic Design program at Eastern State University. Hopefully this is where I will stay. If not, well, I am still young.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Process Poster


When I finished this poster I was really proud. I got to see all my finished work laid out side to side. The design had an overall flow from the top to bottom almost in a sweeping motion or at least that is what I was aiming for. I took a lot of time in InDesign planning the layout and making sure the sizes were the same and lined up. When I finished I wished I had focused more clearly on the contrast with the pictures and background. I didn't realize at the time that the sketches and the background were similar shades. Overall, I was glad to see it finished and was pleased to see the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment